Chesterfield County Fair offers many volunteer opportunities for the community to get involved. We welcome all organizations to participate with this non-profit association in order to make a difference in our community. This marks our 100th year of celebrating the success of the County Fair. It has all been made possible with the support of all our volunteers throughout the years. We would like you to join us in our celebration of 100th Anniversary of the Chesterfield County Fair.
Please find listed below a brief description of the areas in which we are looking for dedicated volunteers. If you or someone you know has a special interest or talent please contact Julia Williams, Manager, at email email@example.com or (804) 405-9234.
Volunteers needed now:
Inside Vendor Assistant:
- Assist the Inside Vendor Agent in contacting potential vendors for the exhibition hall spaces, coordinating booth reservations, and collecting contracts and payments.
- Help with set up of exhibition building, help mark spaces. Direct vendors to spaces.
- Contacting potential parade participants
- Organizing and managing parade during fair (2 - 3 nights)
- Additional volunteers to assist with parade preparation
Miss Chesterfield County Fair Pageant
- Not only do we need participants in the pageant but we will also need volunteers to help prepare for the pageant
- Working with the Pageant Coordinator, solicit donations for the pageant
- Help with set and preparation of pageant during fair.
Special Events Committee
- Chair the committee, organize and facilitate special events such as a Hot dog eating contest, Baby contest, or greased pig contest.
- Ensure contest rules and application are correct and on the Fair website
- Organize volunteers helping with contests.
- Organize, solicit donations, and manage events during fair
- Volunteers to help with set up and management of events
- Collect registration forms for contest, prior to fair opening
- Order trophies and awards
Volunteers needed in August (sign up now)
Arts & Crafts Building
- Assist with the clean up and set up process
- Duties as needed during the fair
- Tear down and cleanup after the fair
- Assist committee chair with the set up and organization of the children's tent
- Supervise activities in tent during the fair
- Ensure children are having a great time
- During the week of the fair, we need volunteers to relieve the secretary
- Answer phone, take membership dues, announce daily events
- Volunteers will be needed every day just before fair opens until close
- Provide fair information, hand out information about the fair
- Assist patrons with whatever they need
- Help man the main office
- Answer calls and inquiries
- Help direct patrons as needed
- Ensure kitchen area is kept clean
- Ensure supplies are stocked
Communications Awards Committee
- Volunteers will collect local papers with fair articles
- Collect snap shots throughout the fair surrounding theme for the current year
- After fair is complete, work on photo essay board, memory and scrapbooks, and collecting other marketing material for State Fair Convention.
- Volunteers to take photos of the fair, all events and concerts
Grounds and maintenance
- Work days - One weekend prior to the fair starting, volunteers go to the fair grounds to clean up, paint, and fix the grounds up and prepare for opening. One weekend after fair for clean up and tear down.
- Help keep grounds clean and safe during the fair and help clean up after the fair
IF HAVE ANY OTHER TALENTS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH US THAT ARE NOT LISTED ABOVE, PLEASE CONTACT US AND LET US KNOW!!