County Fair Program Contest
The Chesterfield County Fair annual programs have a long history of reflecting the mission and goals of the County Fair as well as family, friends, and of course fun. Traditionally, the program covers have been created by students from Chesterfield County Schools.
Each year the Chesterfield County Fair Association Board of Directors will review submissions from throughout the Chesterfield County School system and award one young student with $100 for having their selection chosen for the cover. A short bio of the student will be included in the program. In addition, awards will also be given out for the first and second place runner-ups, who will also have their cover shown inside the program accompanied with a short bio of the student.
Rule for submissions
- Entries will be accepted from all Chesterfield County High School students (one entry per student).
- Original artwork must be from the use of watercolors, oils, pastels, pen and ink, or charcoal. No digital photographs or computer generated images. No collages are acceptable for entry. Each entry must utilize the current slogan of the fair.
- Entries must be on paper or poster board no larger than 8 1/2" x 11" in portrait format. The cover design should also include "Chesterfield County Fair", the dates of the fair, and the theme of the fair for that year.
- Entries will be made through the entrant's art teacher. (Or any art teacher in that school.)
- The schools will forward any/all submissions to the Chesterfield County School Visual Arts Instructional Specialist at the Instructional Division Center at 600 Southlake Boulevard, who will compile and forward them to the County Fair Association. (Entries must be received by the County Fair on or before May 13th.)
- A completed and signed official entry form must accompany each submission.
- Entries should reflect the values, vision and/or mission of the County Fair.
- Entries will become the property of the Chesterfield County fair Association and will not be returned to the individuals.
- Entries must be the original design and artwork of the student and created for this competition.
- Entries will be judged on the basis of originality, composition and interpretation of theme. Parents, friends, teachers or others must not assist the artist. Many wonderful pieces of art can be submitted but unfortunately disqualified for lack of theme interpretation.
- Artist's name, age, and school are kept confidential until the judging has been completed.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
Questions regarding the Chesterfield County Fair Annual Program Cover Contest may be directed to:
Chesterfield County Fair
Annual Program Cover Contest
P.O. Box 801
Chesterfield, VA 23832-9998
Email: Donnie Newton